Eddie Peloke's Blog

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Cruisin'

Our build process currently consists of an ant script that checks out the code from cvs and runs our unit tests. Next week I will add a task to generate the code docs as well but there really isn't much to it. While the build process is fine, I really want to strive for a continuous integration approach. I briefly looked at Rephlux but really want to give CruiseControl a shot. I know it is geared toward java projects but I am curious to hear if anyone is using it for their php builds. It is supposed to work with jUnit so I am not sure if it will know what to do with the SimpleTest output or not....might end up writing some java code to make it all PHP/SimpleTest friendly.

If anyone is using CruiseControl to handle your php builds, please let me know what you think or if you are using Rephlux and like it, let me know also.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Eddie,

    I'm just looking into continuous integration for PHP projects now and was wondering about the same CruiseControl-SimpleTest interop you wrote about. I've used SimpleTest but I'm a Cruise/continuous-integration newbie.

    Have you looked into this further? Any comments on it?

    Farez

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home